Goddess House: A Community Based Business Solution
The way it is: Single mothers are one of the most neglected family units. Many are on some form of welfare. They often find it difficult to move on from the welfare cycle.
Welfare brings benefits in that allows a woman to raise her child without having to depend on the support (and control) of her family. On the other hand, welfare does not really allow a mother to have a life. It is just enough to live but not LIVE!
All over the world, single mothers deal with various struggles. And because of traditional cultures, as well as time and monetary constraints, it is very hard to develop a loving relationship with anyone while you have children to take care of.
3) What is the Product/Service: Sex positive birth control for women.This membership-based site offers a sexy and unique way to use the Standard Days Calendar Method of birth control that allows women to have a more pleasurable love life while using less artificial birth control products.
Ecosensual Natural Birth Control is a Sensual Enterprise project. It is an example of where we try to establish an economic model that is in alignment with our ideals.
Marijuana & Menstruation! 'That time of the month'. For some women, this can be very stressful because of the cramps and pain that often accompany a menstrual cycle.
THC Tampons are a perfect example of a pleasure form of female empowerment. The Hearty Soul, company has created an eco-friendly marijuana based tampon that replaces menstrual cramps with menstrual pleasure!
3) What is the Product/Service: An innocuous and quite brilliant new product that allows women to secretly put out a GPS located message for help as well as a loud decibel alarm to prevent a sexual assault.
Female or Male owned (either is okay!): Female owned
What is the Product/Service: The Sex Workers Project provides client-centered legal and social services to individuals who engage in sex work, regardless of whether they do so by choice, circumstance, or coercion. Continue reading The Sex Workers Project→
2) Female or Male owned (either is okay!): Female owned - Alexis Meuche
3) What is the Product/Service: They are a burlesque company that puts on themed cabaret show once a month for 9 months of the year.
4) How does it promote female empowerment or gender equality: They employ both female and male performers of all body types and believe that all people can be sexy and beautiful.
Everyone who comes to the shows is also given a rundown before the show begins about what is appropriate behavior and how to be a respectful audience member so that everyone feels comfortable and enjoys the show. Continue reading Plan 9 Burlesque→
It is a fantastic idea. A cheap, easy to use device that vastly improves women's health and ability to work and get an education.
This project is a great example of a feminist enterprise that addresses several areas of women's empowerment:
Reproductive Empowerment: The use of menstrual cups reduces the risk of infections in a woman's reproductive system which has the potential cause reproductive complications and affects a woman's overall health.
Intellectual Empowerment: By not having to miss school when they are menstruating, young women in East Africa now have fewer obstacles to completing their education.