1) Name of Company or Idea: Plan 9 Burlesque
2) Female or Male owned (either is okay!): Female owned - Alexis Meuche
3) What is the Product/Service: They are a burlesque company that puts on themed cabaret show once a month for 9 months of the year.
4) How does it promote female empowerment or gender equality: They employ both female and male performers of all body types and believe that all people can be sexy and beautiful.
Everyone who comes to the shows is also given a rundown before the show begins about what is appropriate behavior and how to be a respectful audience member so that everyone feels comfortable and enjoys the show.
5) Is it profitable or not?: They are a profitable company entering into their third year.
6) Web URL & Physical Location if applicable: http://plan9burlesque.com/
Permanent performance space: 3220 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60657
7) Which Pillars of Feminist Enterprise does this business address? Sexual Empowerment